I have not tried this recipe yet, but it has a lot of ingredients in it that my family likes. I haven't had them all together before, but I'm eager to try it.
Your child can be involved with buying the ingredients at the store and measuring ingredients when you cook.
African Sweet Potato Stew
Shared by Recipe4Living.com
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 C. onion, chopped
- 2 C. chopped cabbage
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (18-oz.) can sweet potatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 C. tomato juice
- 3/4 C. apple juice
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger root
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 C. frozen cut green beans
- 1/3 C. natural peanut butter
Supplies needed: large skillet, knife, large spoon, measuring cups and spoons
What to do:
- Heal oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in cabbage and garlic; cook, stirring, until cabbage is tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in sweet potatoes, tomatoes, tomato juice, apple juice, ginger, and red pepper flakes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover.
- Simmer until hot and bubbling, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in green beans and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in peanut butter until well blended and hot, about 1 minute.
- Serve stew with crusty bread and a salad, or spoon it over rice or mashed potatoes.
Makes 6 servings
Let me know if you try this recipe at home.
If you share one of my posts, please include a link to my page. Thanks!