Another great year at "The Rock That Rolled" Easter Party at McLean Bible Church Prince William's campus last Friday! There were a lot of new things to do and some old favorites. My family had been looking forward to this event for a month. We were so thankful to be healthy enough to go and participate. There was so much to do! We just couldn't do it all. We got a quick glimpse at some of the animals and missed the moonbounce, but we got some cotton candy this year! We were definitely tired by the end of the night! Some highlights included:
If you didn't make it this year, you should definitely plan on attending next year!
- Watching the girls worship to the music during the puppet show.
- Walking around with the girls to get their Resurrection Eggs. I really loved how the volunteers spoke not just to Sweet Girl, but to Love Bug, too when it was her turn. They didn't treat her differently because she was part of the younger crowd.
- The girls really enjoyed the egg hunt. I like how they separated the little children from the big children and that we got mostly stickers in our eggs (not candy).
- Sweet Girl also enjoyed dying the hidden message eggs. Someone is ready to dye eggs for Easter!
- Love Bug also liked making the "Sharing the Message" bracelet.
- They had a duck pond where the children could pick two ducks to get a match for a prize. My girls LOVE the water, so they began splashing in it. Before I knew it, Sweet Girl stepped right in with a big splash! It was hard not to laugh, but I had to remind her that we were not dressed for water play and that the room was not set up for that kind of play.
Waiting for the egg hunt.
Love Bug was happy with the one egg she found and stood there for a while before finding more.
Teamwork! Sweet Girl brought something to put their eggs in.
Counting eggs with Daddy. Each child was allowed to find/take 10 eggs home.
Green Bird and Yellow Bird celebrating Easter with a party and shared the story of Christ rising from the dead.
They had cupcakes for the children to frost for dessert.
Can't forget the sprinkles!
Listening to the volunteer share part of the Easter story.
Yes, Sweet Girl picked a blue egg at every station!
The volunteer showing Love Bug the wooden cross goes in the egg, not the egg carton. :)
The other family craft. I'll be sharing a version of this recipe in an upcoming post along with the Bible verses that go with it.
Sweet Girl dyed her egg blue, of course!
The hidden message was a cross.
Sweet Girl listening to the volunteer as they made a "Sharing the Message" bracelet.
Love Bug liked putting on the beads.
Sweet Girl's bracelet and the card they gave us to go with it.
Sweet Girl stood in line very patiently for her glitter tatoo. They did 141 tatoos that night!
One of the game rooms. By this time of night, it had turned into a free for all!
**All photos and text are property of Angela Pounders and can not be distributed without permission.
If you share one of my posts, please include a link to my page. Thanks!