Ingredients Per Snowman: 3 round crackers, 2 pretzel sticks, chocolate chips for eyes and buttons, sprinkles for nose and mouth, cereal puffs for bow/ears/feet/etc, cream cheese
Supplies Needed: Spreader, plate, little dish
*I did this snack on the spur of the moment so I just went with what was super easy and accessible. Other fun things to use would be Cheerios, mini chocolate chips, little pieces of cut up dried fruit, tiny sliver of raw carrot, raisins, etc. To make this more of a substantial snack, add some fruit on the side.
What to do:
- Depending on your child's age, you may have to spread the cream cheese on the crackers, but older children love doing this kind of activity!
- Have your child arrange the crackers on a plate to look like a snowman body.
- Give your child a dish with the rest of the ingredients and let him/her design his/her own snowman. It's fun to watch the snowman come to life.
Ingredients Per Snowman: 3 pieces of sliced banana, Fruit strip cut into strips for the arms and hat rim and a larger rectangle for the hat, chocolate chips for buttons, sprinkles for nose and eyes and icing (one of those little squeezable ones) for the mouth
Supplies Needed: plate and knife
*I did this snack in lieu of just cutting up a banana at breakfast and the girls loved it! Of course, we made a couple of them and still had some sliced bananas on the side. So, each girl got about half of a banana and a fruit strip with her breakfast.
What to do:
- Depending on your child's age, you may have to cut the banana, but older children could do this with supervision.
- Have your child arrange the bananas on a plate to look like a snowman body.
- Provide a dish with the rest of the ingredients and let him/her design his/her own snowman.
- Draw on a smile using the icing.
Ingredients: bananas, grapes, carrot, apple, mini chocolate chips and pretzel sticks
Supplies Needed: Bamboo skewers and a knife
*For each snowman, you will need three thick slices of banana, a grape, a sliver of carrot, and a triangular piece of apple. (Tip: Poke a hole in the apple piece with a bamboo skewer first to make assembly easier.)
What to do:
- Let you child slide the fruit onto the skewer.
- Decorate the snowman using the carrot slivers for noses, mini chocolate chips for eyes and buttons, and pretzel sticks for arms.
If you share one of my posts, please include a link to my page. Thanks!